As a VIB Rouge rewards member I received an invite to the Beauty Before Brunch event this past Sunday at Sephora. This was the first event I was eligible for and the first one I have attended.
- Sephora Green Tea Mask
- Peter Thomas Roth Mini Masks
- Tarte “the sculptor” face contour stick in “Park Ave Princess”
- Tarte “Amazonian clay” concealer in “fair-light”
- Sephora Collection waterproof liquid liner in “Black Lace”
- Living Proof night cap overnight perfector
- Clarins Shaping Facial Lift
- Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume
- Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara (100 rewards points)
- Tarte Flush cheek stain (gift after purchasing two Tarte products)
VIB Rouge Gift Bag
- Fold-over Sephora pouch
- Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume sample
- Formula X Nail polish in “Paramount” (full size)
- BUXOM Lip Cream in “Pink Lady” sample
- Benefit Puff Off sample
- Shiseido Ultimune sample
- Caviar Repair Instant Recover Shampoo & Conditioner sample
- Nude Omega treatment milk sample
As a new VIB Rouge member I was not sure what to expect as I had read reviews from other members that said Sephora events rarely happened and when they did they were disappointing. The Sephora I attended for this event was in Sarasota, FL at the new UTC Sarasota Mall. This mall opened back in October so it is still in its first year.
While the event was lovely and I received several sample gifts as well as the VIB Rouge gift bag. I felt a bit like the mini-makeovers and help I received was geared too much towards getting me to make a purchase. As a VIB member I have obviously spent a significant amount of money at Sephora. So I would really like to see the event be geared towards teaching me new beauty techniques, thanking me for my continued support of their store, etc. It felt more like I was at one of those at home jewelry parties that shove overpriced products down your throat while telling you how philantrophic the company is. That was my only suggestion but the event was fun, the associates were very friendly and welcoming. I cannot wait for the next event.