So before posting my first beauty related post in like 8 months (so sad) I figured I would do an update on my last post.
Let’s see where I am with keeping up with 2017’s resolutions.
5 Resolutions for Everyday Life
1. Keep track of the good things, so the bad things don’t seem quite so bad.
Update: This actually wasn’t that hard to do. I found out soon after this post that I was pregnant. I made a point even with my previous miscarriages to treat this pregnancy like a gift and not let the negative thoughts weasel their way into my brain. Anyone who has struggled with pregnancy loss will know what I mean.
2. Go on more adventures, especially the free kind.
Update: I definitely was trying to do this but unfortunately life got a little in the way and the first trimester exhaustion kept me in a lot. I did however go to several antique shows with my mom, the beach with friends and some other random festivals.
3. Don’t be afraid of change, sometimes it’s for the best.
Update: This is something I will always struggle with. I do not like change. Says the 17 week along pregnant girl whose life is about to change in the most drastic way.
4. Make sure the special people in my life know how special they are.
Update: This has been easier than expected. I think my hormones are making me more thankful for the special people in my life, that or my hormones are just making me more soft. Blame everything on being pregnant.
5. Be happy.
Update: People who struggle with depression will always have this as a resolution. It is just one of those things that no matter how happy you are, you think you could be happier, that something else could make you happier. But so far so good on this one.
5 Resolutions for the Blog
1. Pre plan posts and create a schedule.
Update: Clearly a giant fail.
2. Keep up with the posting schedule previously mentioned.
Update: Again a giant fail.
3. Read more blogs and comment on as many as possible.
Update: Not a giant fail but still a fail. I will do better, I miss reading all of your posts. Comment below your latest and I promise I will come read/comment on it!
4. Worry less about how many people actually read my blog.
Update: Definitely got this one down since I ignored my blog for 3 months.
5. Don’t let the day job get in the way of enjoying my blog.
Update: It wasn’t so much the day job as it was being pregnant with a full time job. I go to sleep at 9…. I am such a old lady.
Hope you guys enjoyed the update! Let me know how your resolutions are going down in the comments and stay tuned for my April Ipsy Glam Bag review!